Bank Information and Checklist
- Inform your bank of where and when you are traveling.
- Have a combination of cards, foreign currency and travelers cheques.
- Check that you can use your cards at ATMs in the countries you are visiting. Make necessary changes to allow this. You will probably be better to have a debit card as credit cards can often be a problem. Speak to your bank!
- Are you registered for online and telephone banking?
- Make sure you have contact numbers for your bank and credit cards including international access codes.
- Always make sure you have travel insurance in case of unexpected problems.
- Have you considered increasing your credit limit before you leave the country in case of any emergency?
- Have you checked that your cards will not expire while you are overseas?
- Have you visited smarttraveller.gov.au for further information?
Find out where the BEST HOLIDAY DESTINATIONS are?
Compare prices across lots of sites for flights and accommodation